Behavioral and Instructional Coaches
Behavioral/Instructional Coaches are available for collaboration and consultation to MVSEC programs and member district staff when requested. The purpose of this collaboration is to provide coaching support to assist the team in developing and implementing a comprehensive function-based support plan to enhance each student’s current educational placement. The collaboration is a long-term process that requires team meetings, on-site coaching, classroom observations and plan evaluation. In addition, the Behavioral/Instructional Coaches lead our Professional Development Team.
Learning Environments & Instructional Programming
- Collaborate with teams to promote the success of students by creating a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment;
- Identify appropriate resources for staff;
- Provide professional development opportunities that align with each district’s mission, vision, and long-range plans;
- Assist teams in using data to enhance the learning and instructional programming;
- Demonstrate directly with teams how to apply behavioral and instructional strategies
Student Referral Process
- District school teams initiate the request for support through the appropriate district administrator; Mid-Valley teams request support through their program coordinator
- School staff will inform parents of the request for assistance.
- After receiving the referral a member of the Coaching Team will contact the building administrator and listed contact person to set up a mutually convenient time to meet with the team and schedule observations and follow-up meetings.
- Mid-Valley Service Consideration Page